We provide a wide range of services to not-for-profit organizations, charitable organizations and others. These include social organizations, religious groups, professional organizations, recreational groups, advocacy groups etc. Our clients range in size and are spread across Ontario.
In particular, we provide our clients with the following services:
- The incorporation, organization and corporate governance of various entities, including obtaining letters patent, supplementary letters patent, enacting constitution, by-laws, amending by-laws and other governing documents.
- Registration under the Income Tax Act with Canada Revenue Agency and related compliance matters.
- Trust and estates law as it relates to donations, planned giving and estate administration.
- All aspects of charitable fundraising, including sponsorships, naming opportunities and other matters.
- Planning for foreign operations of Canadian registered charities and not-for-profit organizations.
- Conflicts of interest, ethics, fiduciary duties and other governance issues as they relate to directors and advisory boards.
- Compliance with the new Not-For-Profit Act, assistance for obtaining the Certificate of Continuance and update the governing documents accordingly.